We are nearby.
The library system has 14 branches in the City of Albuquerque and 3 in Bernalillo County.
We promote literacy.
More than 60,000 children from birth through high school participated in children’s activities in 2012,
including the annual Summer Reading Program and Every Child Ready to Read®.
We bridge the digital divide.
Our libraries provide computer and internet access to visitors so they can participate
in the information economy. In 2012, we provided 345,492 hours of computer access in 659,810 individual sessions.
We promote economic advancement.
- Book and online resources help with resumes, applications, job searches and job interviews.
- Small business resources help citizen entrepreneurs with business plans, financing and more.
We support education and self-directed learning.
- Nearly 45,000 participated in adult programs in 2012.
- Homework Help provides live, online tutors to elementary through college students.
- Career and college preparation are supported with print and online resources, including LearningExpress
Library’s practice tests from GED to EMT and ASVAB to GRE.
- Other educational programs include book clubs, writing workshops and instruction on how to use digital devices.